Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Night Sew In



This is the first time I have joined the FNSI
in a long time.
So glad to be back!


I have a friend at Church that knits the cutest scarves.
Then I went to my crochet class the other day
and noticed several ladies were knitting these.

 Me & Mom went to JoAnn's the other day
and she talked me in to buying the yarn for this
even though I didn't know how to make one yet.


There was a lady there that shared that you can also crochet
these so I looked on You Tube tonight and learned how to make one!

It didn't take long at all!
I think it is just beautiful.

I told 'Sweet Hunter" not to get my face!
He did pretty good, huh?
LOL
I'm so proud of myself for finishing something!
Thank you Heidi for the encouragement!


I think that calls for a reward, don't you?


17 comments:

Angela said...

Val,I love the scarf. I have been seeing them everywhere. I can't knit and didn't know you could crochet them. You did a great job. The cake looks delicious. Have a wonderful weekend.
Angela

Needled Mom said...

I didn't realize that you could also crochet them. That looks beautiful.

Susannah said...

Oh that scarf is so pretty and feminine. I just love it. Val, it a beauty. Good for you. I am so proud
of you!

Blessings and Peace.
Susannah

caknitter said...

Reward? Absolutely! The scarf is beautiful.

Connie said...

Very pretty , my daughter make and sell them> She also chrochet them.

Connie said...

My daugther makes and sell them, your is a very pretty color. My daughter also crochet them and it dosen't take long to do them.

Becky Garrison said...

The scarf is adorable ... the cake though, looks so good! Now you have me craving chocolate cake for breakfast! :)

Holly said...

Love the scarf!! I have seen those and often wondered how you made them. Too bad I don't know how to crochet but mama does! :) The cake looks so yummy. Hope you have a great weekend!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

A gal at my quilt guild made a few of these too - I want one!

Shirley said...

The scarf is very pretty well done.

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty! Is that yarn? And will you teach me? How come my chocolate cake never turns out that yummy looking? Vicki

Patty Sumner said...

Great Job! It is beautiful. Love the colors. Yes, that cake is quite a treat for you and Hunter...lol. Blessings!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You're scarf is beautiful. I bought a ball of this not long ago in blue, but haven't made the scarf yet.
My, that cake looks so good.

Anthea said...

Very pretty scarf there Val, and so good for the cold months! Definitely eat some of that cake!!
visiting from FNSI x

Maria said...

You made a lovely scraf for FNSI..
and the cake looks yummy..Enjoy.

Maria said...

Lovely scraf you craocheted and the cake looks very nice.YUM!!!

Shauna said...

Aren't they fun to make?!! I've made a couple and given many away. I love the instant gratification of a quick finish. Love the colours you chose.